“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you who you are”
Balancing Mood with Food: A Workshop for Therapists
A half-day primer about
Healthy Eating for a Healthy Mind and Body.
o Food feeds the body and influences the mind.
o Food sends messages to the brain and body about how it is going to behave.
o Communications are constantly being transmitted about energy, mood, emotions, concentration and wellbeing.
o Discover the “recipe” for making neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine.
o Escape cravings and understand how stress can sabotage even the best laid plan.
· Understanding the physiology/science that connects the mind and the body.
· Identifying whole foods and single nutrients that support a well-functioning body and a clear mind.
· Discovering strategies to blunt the effects of stress as it relates to eating.
· Learn how to mindfully practice nourishment.
· Developing a plan for implementation.
Partners in Resilience
1409 Willow Street, Suite 210
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Facilitator: Carolyn Denton MA, Licensed Nutritionist who has 20 plus years of experience creating health using an integrative approach.