Who We Are
We Are Partners In Resilience
We work in collaboration to create transformative programs and provide encouraging individual services that promote resilience in the face of stress-related conditions such as anxiety and depression.
Our work is guided by the belief that resilience is our essential nature, woven into our being as a natural capacity to restore and recover so that we can experience the joy and well being that are our birthright. Much of our suffering comes from physical imbalance and toxicity, the conditioned and unsettled mind, and separation from our inner self, from others, or from a source of deeper meaning for our lives.
We believe that transformative change involves the whole person, and that healing can come about through mental, physical and spiritual means. The most powerful approach is to weave all three into a coherent whole. And the process of transformation does not require a major self-improvement project. Small changes over time will lead to great results. Everyone can grow in their capacity for joy and deepen their sense of connectedness with a Source of wisdom, acceptance, generosity and love.
The foundation of change is acceptance of self, of others, and of life as it is. Everyone can grow in their capacity for joy and deepen their sense of connectedness with a source of wisdom, acceptance, generosity and love. We get best at what we practice, and we can organize that practice by constantly cultivating the Seven Roots of Resilience.
Since our initial formation in January of 2010, we have
- Trained several hundred mental health professionals in the foundations of our resilience model
- Captured the essentials of our resilience-based, integrative approach to the treatment of depression and anxiety in The Chemistry of Joy Workbook, published by New Harbinger Press in 2012
- Recorded a CD of meditations to accompany The Chemistry of Joy Workbook
- Opened offices in the Loring Park area of Minneapolis, easily accessible to our clients and course participants
- Created and delivered a 10-week, highly effective course – “Pathways to Joy: Living a Resilient Life” – based on The Chemistry of Joy Workbook, to over 100 satisfied participants
- Developed and delivered a complementary variety of workshops on topics essential to living resiliently – recovery from shame, self-acceptance and compassion, and living mindfully
- Presented our work to hundreds of people in a wide variety of settings – corporations, colleges, churches, and non-profits
- Begun hosting a series of seasonal, one-day retreats, creating opportunity for renewal, reflection, and connection in relaxed settings
- Developed a Resilience-Based Training and Consultation Group for mental health professionals beginning in early 2014
For more information on what we can offer you, please explore our website! We look forward to connections with you in the future.